Stevia has been the “buzz word” in the food market worldwide and tremendous growth is being witnessed in both the number of products being launched with Stevia as the main ingredients, as well as consumers giving up artificial sweeteners like Sucralose, Aspartame and Saccharine for the natural goodness of Stevia.
However, many of the people still aren’t sure about the origins and profile of this safe and natural alternative to sugar, so here is a summary:
What is Stevia? – Scientifically Speaking
Stevia Rebaudiana is a species of herbs belonging to the Asteraceae (sunflower) family, native to subtropical and tropical South America and Central America. Stevia’s sweetening properties are imparted by two components: Stevioside and Rebaudioside (Reb-A) which is the best-tasting part of the Stevia leaf. The concentration and purity of Reb-A determine the overall sweetness, taste, and aftertaste of the end-product.
What is Stevia? – Practically Speaking
- Stevia is the world’s first all-natural, zero-calorie sweetener – a perfect alternative to sugar and artificial, chemical-based sweeteners and you get it right online from Greeniche.
- Rapidly becoming the most preferred sweeteners by millions of consumers worldwide
- Besides bearing zero calories, it is also free of carbohydrates and has a zero glycemic index which makes it the perfect natural sweetener for diabetes, or who care for maintaining a healthy lifestyle
All Stevia Brands are not Created Equal – What makes Flavorall Superior?
- Made with high-purity Reb-A
- Alcohol-free unlike most liquid stevia products
- Does not contain Dextrose, Sucralose, Aspartame, Saccharine, Maltodextrin, or Inulin
- Uses state-of-the-art water-based extraction technology resulting in clean, sweet taste with no bitter aftertaste
- 20 exciting flavours to suit all your culinary needs
- Is Gluten-Free, Non-GMO, Halal & Kosher
So when you pick up a bottle of Flavorall, you can be confident that you have made the right choice!